STATEMENT OF USER NEED
Credit will be given to bidders who read and understand all of the Statement of User Need. Standard replies and missing information will receive a negative inference.
The successful builder will:
1. Knowledge Base. Have extensive knowledge and understanding of the Source Code Escrow process (also known as Software Escrow). [url removed, login to view]
2. Current Agreements. Have standing Source Code Escrow agreements with other customers. (Desirable)
3. Cryptography. Have an expert understanding of encryption and cryptographic techniques to government standards.
4. Outright Sale. Agree that the company [EscrowProtect] will own the software, and all associated IPR, outright, including but not limited to the source code and all associated components. There will be no EULA. All rights to license, copy, alter or re-sell will be passed to the company on receipt of the final payment.
5. Support Solution. Do not include a support solution in your initial bid. Bidders are to quote this cost separately if they intend to provide it.
Develop a software application that will allow software developers to “deposit” source code in a organised, simple and consistent way. It must be efficient, tidy and easy to use.
The application will reside on a flash memory device and prompt the user through the complete process. It must be consistent, yet flexible enough to deal with every possible type of deposit. This will ensure that all the critical and added value information is reliably captured:
E.g. Version Numbers, ESCROW Agreement number, expected size (used for gross error checks), designer's contact details, Source Code Platform, Operating System, special tools (e.g. compression), passwords, operating manuals, special instructions, etc. etc.
At the end of the process the application will encrypt the code and extra information ready for safe transmission to the ESCROW agent. The encryption must be unbreakable and must require another physical device (holding the key), held only by the ESCROW agent, to successfully decrypt the software.
The next step in the Escrow process is for the deposit to be verified. The bidder coming up with the clearest and most imaginative ideas for automating (as far as is possible) the next part of this process is highly likely to win the bid. Remember, it is not testing the software in the traditional sense, it is testing for integrity and completeness.
There is a possibility to do this process online. Bidders will be asked to comment on the pros and cons of this approach.
11 freelanceria on tarjonnut keskimäärin 1327 $ tähän työhön
I can develop this software using the most secure encryption algorithms, thus the source code would be impossible to access without the key. Please see my PM.
I am very interesting of your project. Frankly speaking, it's the first time I heard about source code escrow. However, I have done some research today.
Let me know your Final Price and Final Time line for this project on PM , So we have Proposal / project Execution plan for your project . Waiting for your fast response on PM.
Hi, I am very much interested in developing this kind of project so pleas give me a chance to prove my self .i am an engineer so i can able to develop this.