This project involves stock market data capture for the purposes of analysis. The objective of the project is as follows:
Develop and test script to gather output from an MSN site (to be identified after NDA); use on-screen feature to output results into Excel; and transfer results with date stamps to MS Access database. Create reports within MS Access database to compare data. The data will be compared daily, monthly, and in total. Reports may be broken into meaningful segments. Data output will be "relative change" as a number and percentage, as well as color coding - green, yellow, red - to indicate directional change. Other statistical factors may be added to the reports in the future.
1. There are numerous options within the site page to be selected. An XML file will be used as the criteria or some other means whereby values can be easily changed by the user from time-to-time without actually entering values on the page. Not every option is selected.
2. Client O/S Task Scheduler will be setup to run the routine periodically. It should run without intervention. (Please identify any workstation O/S requirements foreseen.)
3. All records should be date/time stamped in MS Access. (It may be wise to create a symbol/stock name table to relationally relate the data, reducing the overall data size ultimately.)
4. Reports must show relational changes - rate of change and direction for daily, weekly, monthly, and perhaps overall. The signals should indicate up, down, and neutral - green, red, yellow - perhaps using an arrow icon instead of text. (The icon is optional, yet desirable.)
5. The solution must be kept confidential and proprietary to SoEasy.com.
6. The reports should be expandable such that other statistical parameters can be added.
All aspects of the project must be created by the candidate, including the XML structure, the Access dB, all reports, the script/s, and any other components that will fulfill the object.
No phone calls will be accepted without prior arrangement. Potential candidates will be eliminated should they call without such an arrangement.