I need a small mp3 player app made that will be called via command line.
I am writing a game and using a third-party engine that has no ability to play mp3 built in, so my game will call up this secondary application to play the mp3 files in the background while my game is running. Everything will be done via command line options so there is no need for a GUI. When my game calls the program it calls it invisibly and the user will never see the player app.
Whichever language it's written in it must use Windows Media Player to decode and play the mp3 files. For instance, if made in VB, you should use the Windows Media Player control.
When the app calls on Windows Media Player, the user should not see the Windows Media Player GUI and there should not be a "Windows Media Player" instance showing in their toolbar.
The commands I need to be able to pass to the app are as follows:
1. Play a single song and loop it.
2. Play songs from a playlist (in m3u format) and start over when finished.
3. Play all songs from a given directory and start over when finished.
4. Play, Stop, and Pause abilities.
5. Volume, Balance, and Mute abilities.
6. Skip forward a song and Skip backward a song abilities.
7. Fast Forward and Rewind abilities.
8. Terminate execution (immediately stop playing current song and exit Windows Media Player and the app itself).
Each of those commands should be able to be passed to the app via command line, as this is how I will be using the app. Again there is no need at all for a GUI as this app will run in the background and no one will ever see it.
7 freelancers are bidding on average $161 for this job
if you are a game programmer look for mpg123 application source on net and sutomize as you want it. Anyway it will not use the WMP controls No payment required [url removed, login to view]