- the application should take an input of a csv list of web domains and scan all pages and sub pages for the presence of the Google Website Optimizer content generation tag. This tag is available by registering at [url removed, login to view] and setting up a dummy test or I can provide an example
- the proposed means of detecting the tag must ensure that all cases of the tag are detected, I will take your technical expert view on this matter
- the output should be a list of those domains which include the specified tag, specifying the pages where the tag was found
- programming language used does not matter for this project
- applicaiton / script must be able to be run on a Windows XP PC
- application must be capable of working from a list of 1 million domains (Alexa top 1m sites list, too large to be attached but can be downloaded / supplied if interested)
- I anticipate that the scan will take some time so this applicaiton must be able to run in an unattended mode and have a pause function. In case of error it should quit without losing progress.