I have a system that creates e-tickets. On each ticket I print a barcode in 3 of 9 barcode font: [url removed, login to view]
This ticket is used as a submission ticket for some event. The user shows his ticket, with a barcode reader the ticket is scanned.
After a ticket is scanned its barcode is validated against either a CSV or MSSQL DB.
based on whether the barcode has been used already an OK/NOTOK signal is sent back to the barcode reader where the application will show an appropiate result message.
- Able to receive barcode via RS232 (NOT keyboard wedged), USB and wireless
- Validate against a DB, table tickets, definition:
A search interface on the app where I can search within all/all scanned/open tickets
Also able to search on name (firstname/lastname match) and show corresponding tickets belonging to that user.
This is a combination of the aspnet_users table with the tickets table.
I want to be able to configure settings:
DB connectionstring + username/password
Loading/unloading of a CSV file
I want to be able to load tickets via a CSV file.
If a user decides to load the tickets via CSV, then after scanning a ticket the CSV will be updated.
If he has provided a connectionstring, then the DB will be updated instead.
- Update DB when barcode found (in above example column IsUsed would be updated from 0 to 1 and scandate would be updated to current datetime)
- Sourcecode for the app must be delivered on completion
- A windows installer must be delivered
- A demo application must be delivered for me to test
- Payment will be made when app is fully up to specs
- Written in VB.NET or C#/C++
- Most common barcode readers must be supported, but at least the Symbol MC9060 which runs Windows Mobile 2003
- Application must be built with GUI style I will deliver (see attached image)
- App must also run on windows mobile 2003 (beacuse each barcode reader needs to communicate with central server and show details on mobile device)
Please let me know if there are questions with regard to the functionality and I will clarify them.
A few things you MUST answer when responding to this project:
- delivery time
- used language
- experience with this kind of project