1) School based firewall.
Develop combined authentication and proxy filtering system based out of existing Open Source products.
The goals are to have authentication and URL filtering based upon the group the user belongs to.
1. Reliable wide-scale bi-directional replication of User Account Database, URL Blacklists and Whitelists based on MySQL database platform.
2. Web based authentication.
3. Provide customised home screen / first page after authentication. (similar to Hot Spot)
4. URL Filtering based upon authenticated user and the group they are in.
5. Block unrelated traffic for specific user (such as Instant Messaging, browsers based on the User Agent ID, HTTPS, BitTorrent etc.)
6. Allow related traffic for specific users.
7. Allow all traffic for specific browser UserAgent (without need for authentication)
Relevant skills: C Programming language, Linux firewall technology (particularly Squid), proxy authentication (e.g. Chillispot), URL filtering,
11 freelancers are bidding on average $786 for this job
Hi I am a Linux Programmer from India and have carried out past networking projects based on Linux. I would be able to meet your requirements .Regards Vinay