I am not a programmer so I will keep the skills selection open.
I want a small, elegant piece of software (pc XP and vista) that will:
1. Self install.
2. Create an on screen warning that the computers webcam is activated and is recording movement and produce on the user’s screen a small viewer that can be moved to show what is being recorded.
3. Check for an internet connection.
4. Record the date and time (PST) independent of the computer settings.
5. Activate the webcam when any unusual movement/sound is detected and record the movement and sound into a file with the correct date/time.
6. Uninstall completely when deactivated (perhaps all of the software and recording could be done on a thumb drive).
7. Must have a "test" process that the user can activate to make certain that all will be working ok when the software is needed.
I know that the motion/sound detection software is available as a free download but I need this all put together so that it is easy and elegant for the non-computer oriented person.
I do recognize that I have not thought of everything so I need someone who will work with me on the project.
Thank you and let me know if you have any questions.