The project is specified as follows:
1. virtual printer (such as e.g. FinePrint for PDF files, [url removed, login to view] )
2. virtual printer has the name we want
3. printer works under Windows XP, Windows Vista, upcoming Windows 7
4. in the options of the printer, the user can enter his "user key" (he gets it from us). User key has 32 alpha-numeric characters.
5. when a document is printer, e.g. a MS Word document, the following happens:
a) printer "prints" document to PDF/A format ( [url removed, login to view] )
b) printer uploads generated PDF/A file to our website e.g. via POST, together with the user key (see 4.)
c) printer uploads ORIGINAL file (i.e. the file the user printed, such as the MS Word document) to our website e.g. via POST, together with the user key (see 4.)
- error message shown when printing or upload process fails
- printing/uploading should be done in the background, but the user should see the process somehow
- installing the virtual printer should be easy
- we are open for suggestions to use a already existing virtual-printer SDK etc. or to modify a existing printer, as long as the specifications can be met
We are open for any comments and questions! We weren't sure whether this is a small project ($250-750) or medium ($750-1500). Please write us if you think it is a medium project.