This program may be written in multiple languages so I'll leave it up to you to decide what language you think is suitable to complete the task.
I want code exclusivity - the application you write for me should not be shared. I will be the sole owner of the product.
I'd like you to install the server-side software, document and demo it. Use your own server or pay for a temporary server. In the end I want to know exactly how to set it up on my own server once I get it just by reading your documentation. I want it to be stable. Tell me how many users you think a server can handle and make the program auto-balance the load across multiple servers if necessary to handle perhaps a hundred or more users at the same time.
I also want to code you write as part of the program reasonably documented - a few diagrams of layout and structure wouldn't hurt. UML too.
I want a program that is like a paltalk/visichat cross. I want it to be based on a University/College idea and be used as a Distance Teaching/Learning tool. I want it to transmit reliably on low bandwidth connections, even 56k modems, although I don't expect quality to be amazing at low bandwidth but it should work OK. I want it to be private, secure and hacker-proof. Here are the requirements:
* The application should have text-based and audio chatting.
* The chat room should allow choosing different fonts, colors, emoticons and images to put into the display area.
* The application should have a login form and a navigation system that allows pupils and tutors to navigate through the schools, departments and classes. I should be able to define these from a file. Pupils may not just enter any room - they should be registered to particular classes until they can join a room.
* I'd like it to plug in to Moodle if it's browser-based if possible (not too necessary).
* The application must be secure, have password-protected logins for students and staff and allow the creation of private rooms with restricted access to a few people. It should have a sign-up procedure where the admin can choose to allow/deny and change a pupil's/staff-member's privileges.
* The application should have a user hierarchy with administrators, heads, tutors, assistant-tutors and pupils who have different privileges and access. You can label these with more suitable titles if you wish.
* The application should have a white-board. It should allow freehand drawing, shapes, text typing with different line, fill and font colors, typefaces and sizes. An eraser too.
* A teacher or even a student can be a presenter (assistant-tutor) but only the tutor should be able to upgrade or downgrade the pupil's privilege at any time during a lesson. This is so the student can present their idea and chat with the permission of the tutor.
* The teacher should be able to give a student permission to talk to him alone (mic and view screen (see below)).
* Once the class is over the pupil's privilege should be reset to what it was before. An in-class applied privilege change should only be temporary.
* The application should have a PowerPoint-slide, PDF, Flash (swf), Video (various formats), Webcam, Audio (mp3) and Live-Desktop Desktop view screen. This should be streaming.
* The application will allow files to be uploaded and sent to the pupils who can then download it.
* Should the tutor's view screen be switched from the chat view to the PowerPoint-slide view, the other viewers' screens should also switch.
* The tutor should be able to receive private messages (pm's) and also have the capacity to disable private messaging in the room.
* The tutor should be able to view the status of the pupils in the class - if they've minimized the screen, obscured the application with another window in front of it or if they are viewing another tab (if browser based). I want the tutor to know if the pupil is paying attention.
* Rooms should be closeable by administrators and staff.
* Rooms should have a feature where a popup message written by the tutor/staff appear when the pupil enters a room
* Also rooms should have the option to stop any activity from pupils - they just watch and listen.
* The size of the components of the application should be resizable and the default size should be modifiable by the admin/webmaster. Also the components should have the ability to be moved from the right hand side to the left for example (switch places) if the admin chooses it.
* The application should be skinneable - the appearance can be modified with custom graphics. The application should come with a stylish glass/glossy skin (think glossy Web 2.0) but also look professional.
* The application should be multilingual - allow entry of different languages like Arabic, Hebrew, Japanese, etc) and should also have the applications menus' language changeable by the pupil.
* A lecture audio and video recording, playback and saving feature would be nice.
Not all these things are compulsory. If you can do most of them then please bid.
I want you to tell me what you are able to do and with which technology, how long it will take to make, test and for what cost (servers and software cost estimation too). Which of the points will you not be able to do and why? What is the servers and tutors/pupils' minimal technology requirements (OS, RAM, Processor, hardware, screen size, bandwidth etc)?
You can use an existing secure and reliable software and extend/modify it if you wish (I'll pay for this if required).
14 freelanceria on tarjonnut keskimäärin 209 $ tähän työhön
We already have a prototype of E-learning Web solution from our clients. If interested we are please to show you our prototype Distance e-learning system with different features to suits your requirements
hello sir. i have experience of developing chatting softwares and management system for school and colleges. i can complete the task within mentioned limits.