I'm the owner of KORNA Pet Store, a rapidly expanding chain of pet stores located in Vancouver, Canada. At KORNA, we believe that dogs, cats, and other pets are healthiest when they eat whole, natural foods we would eat ourselves. These foods should be without fillers or by-products, artificial colors or flavors, additives or artificial preservatives. Under this philosophy we've gained the trust of a lot of loving pet parents in the southern British Columbia region.
For this project, I'm looking to expand KORNA's digital offerings beyond their current capabilities. So far we have been using Retail Management Hero (RMH) to manage our POS needs, and despite being mostly a physical retail business, we have a number of technically-proficient employees who have built integrations and services to integrate with RMH.
At the moment we have currently fully implemented the following features in our systems:
- Order data going back 7 years in an MS SQL database
- Dashboarding for our existing data
- Power BI integration with Quickbooks online
- Lightweight, custom SDK for Retail Management Hero connected to Astro Loyalty (3rd-party customer rewards service for pet retailers)
- Shopify integration for digital sales
What we are looking for a candidate to assist with:
- Build upon existing, incomplete web order tracker integrating with RMH; admin-side is mostly untouched (config, security, delivery schedules and settings), delivery-side is incomplete (need last-mile integration with Google Maps API for routing), picker and processor tab needs improvement (error-checking and UI tweaking)
- Connect Nitrosell web platform data (currently downloaded to our database in xml format in a table) in pipeline to web tracker
- Create Android and/or iOS app for driver pickup, messaging customers, Glymps API integration for customer notification, delivery status updates and lifecycle messages (build-or-buy last mile delivery software up for debate)
- Any backend web stack, C# and .Net preferred
- HTML, CSS, JS
- Dax (Power BI)
- Data/ML experience to help us write or use existing models to optimize supply and future order quantity/"open-to-buy" opportunities
Compensation will be competitive and profit-sharing is available upon sale of product.