You will listen to a 3-minute song (mp3 of vocal with piano, cello, and strings) and write out the music notation (as a midi file and music-xml file [e.g. for Finale & Sibelius) exactly as the music is played on the mp3. The style is pop but has lots of jazz chords and also a classical flavor. The mp3 audio quality is very low; it came from an old cassette tape.
I am a composer & performing musician with a college degree in music and could do this myself, but I don't have the patience or spare time for it. Looking for someone with perfect pitch and excellent transcribing skills.
- mp3 audio song is 3 minutes and 15 seconds, containing female vocal, digital/synthesized piano, cello, strings
- mp3 is of very low quality; was transferred from old cassette tape from 1980's (sample excerpt is attached)
- Prepare a midi file, and music-xml file showing professional-quality music notation, of the song as heard in the audio mp3 file.
- Vocal solo, piano, strings, and cello parts must be written exactly as played on the audio mp3
- Electronic / digital scores only please - not handwritten
- All rights to the electronic files are reserved by me.
Bidders must be:
- fluent in English
- experienced in transcribing audio music into written notation
- extremely knowledgeable about music theory
- able to recognize and notate complex jazz / R & B harmonies
- experienced at using the relevant software program to score/notate the music correctly
- available to complete the project within one week of having your bid accepted
Clarification: I accidentally named the post "songs" (plural). But the project is only one song. So your bid needs to reflect only 1 song, which is only 3 minutes and 15 seconds long (and some of it is repetition - e.g the chorus is played twice. . . .)
I'm a composer/producer but I also do transcriptions on a regular basis. Please check your mail for a preview of the sent example. Kind regards, Michael Munninghoff
10 freelanceria on tarjonnut keskimäärin 101 $ tähän työhön
I am currently in the midst of my college education for music theory & composition. Specifically, aural perception is one of my top skills in the curriculum.