The aim of this is to make a file-synchronization app using QT (Nokia QT) and allow a sort-of drop-box styled synchronization to be created.
The project consists of two parts - front end (in QT) that is cross-platform in Windows, OSX with using the QT WebKit engine to render the GUI.
The client will:
- use HTML5 / Ajax interface (any Ajax library such as Sencha JS) and stream back to an embedded web-server on client. This will reduce time to create custom QT dialogs since they are web-browser rendered.
- monitor files on a certain directory on disk (e.g., c:\users\%name%\fileshared\) and monitor them for changes.
- these monitored files are uploaded and downloaded from client to server. That means, back-ground upload and back-ground downloaded from server and to client.
- it will make versions on server.
The server will:
- accept and receive files from the client in a drop-box style. So automatic synchronization is a must.
- have a membership client database. so people need to sign-up to use the service.
- make versions of the files if overwritten. Able for people to undelete what was deleted.
- this should be done using C#/[url removed, login to view] or Sancha with ASP.NET MVC3 Razor engine.
- database / and treeview of directory and list of files. (Parts of the work was done, but you need to make the QT part first.)
Final result is to make a drop-box styled app that syncs between server and client effortlessly.
Please read the project first and write the word "Understood". Also write your steps and suggestions to complete the project with a short description of what you understood.