NB: ALL OF THIS PROJECT DETAIL MUST BE FULLY READ AND UNDERSTOOD BEFORE PLACING A BID
NB: I am looking for a long-term partner in these types of projects - value for money is my main concern, the cheapest and most reliable will win. Must have previous relevant examples and client references. In your bid, you should include a timeframe for this as well as previous examples. Lower bids stand a much better chance of winning, future projects would pay more.
Site needs re-designing/re-structuring - [url removed, login to view]
n-tier architecture approach?
contacts data is stored in a database on SQL 2000 servers.
There is an existing ASP back-end admin console which is currently used to add/edit new data (Exhibitions, Venues, Companies and Suppliers), manage existing logins and add/edit the news and features content on the site.
Objectives which need to be met:
• The home page needs more dynamic content (i.e. our ‘news’ and ‘features’ from our news publication) to drive more traffic to it. The editorial team need to be able to update this of course.
• Functionality for the staff and designated contributors to add new contact information to the database.
• Functionality to allow users to register for the additional services of Expoabc such as the weekly news letter, news alert and job watch email
• Functionality to allow users to create and subsequently use a login to access certain areas of the site such as the Discussion Board, the Blog and the ‘contacts’ search engine
• The functionality to publish news letters
• The functionality to publish news alerts
• The functionality to accept online payments
• Provision of traffic statistics
• Provision of a Blog page within Expoabc
• Provision of a Jobs pages within Expoabc which will allow users the basic search functionality of job type, area and salary
• Provision of a Discussion Board
• Search functionality within Expoabc for the ‘contacts’, jobs and the site in general
• Functionality to manage advertising within the Expoabc pages and also services such as the news letter
• Provision of a multi-language option
We need to leave it as a self managed site with regards to news (CMS) and advertising (Banner management). It needs to be able to hand news letters, new alerts, subscriptions, online payments, blogs, discussion board. And of course the large amount of 'contacts' which need to be in a database and for the site to be able to search from.