It should work as follows - Please see the attached image for clarification and appearance:
- As the user types, a box will appear directly beneath the word they are currently typing containing an alphabetically sorted list of the first 10 words/phrases in the array that start with the typed letters.
- The first item in the list of matches will have it's un-typed portion inserted and highlighted. eg. If the user types in "Int" and the first suggested word is "Internet" then "ernet" will be inserted and highlighted directly after "Int".
- The user will be able to use the up and down arrow keys to move through the list and the highlighted portion of the word/phrase will change accordingly.
- Pressing the Return/Enter key will move the cursor to the end of the inserted text, thus un-highlighting it, the suggestions box will disappear and the user can continue typing.
- Alternatively the user may also press Ctrl + the number of the word they wish to use and then continue typing.
- If there are no suggestions the box will disappear.
- The user can close the suggestion box by pressing the escape key.
Code must be clear, concise and well commented. If you plan to use a library we would rather it was jQuery, but this is not essential. Please make this clear when you bid.
10 freelanceria on tarjonnut keskimäärin 79 $ tähän työhön