I'm a Flash designer and fairly good with PHP, but I don't know ASP. I've done this in PHP in the past, but here's what I need done in ASP:
I'm creating a Flash e-card that includes a "send to a friend" function. The information to be collected and sent includes:
- From name
- From e-mail
- To name
- To e-mail
- Custom message
- 3-4 optional selections (chosen from multiple choice options, such as 'Blue, Green or Red').
When the user hits SEND, I need the ASP file to do the following:
1. Create a new text file (for each sent e-card) that contains a single line, which is a string containing all of the variables
* The single line in the text file should be simple and along the lines of the following:
'from_email=[emailhere]&from_name=john&to_email=[emailhere]&to_name=john&color=blue&song=jazz&message=hi john, this is for you'
2. Save that text file with a unique numerical file name (could be a timestamp, but better if a random name, perhaps 6-8 characters), so something like '[url removed, login to view]'
3. Send an e-mail to the recipient containing the following:
- From user's name / e-mail
- To recipient's e-mail
- Subject (defined either in ASP file or external text file)
- Body: Both the user's custom message AND our pre-defined message (defined either in ASP file or external text file. It will need to allow for HTML code if we want to embed a JPG)
- Link to the original e-card, but adding that text file's id to the URL, so that the e-card can access that variable, read the text file, and retrieve the variables for use in displaying the user's custom e-card.
4. If the sender requested that they receive a copy of the e-mail, then they should be BCC'd on the mail.
5. Write all the e-mail addresses (both sender & recipient) to a single text file to keep track of usage.