A small .Net, (ASP.Net and C#)
Car rental inventory web application
see the attachment for the detail.
[the upload did'nt work so here is the detail] :
(Inventory Web Application).
(requirements-part-II will only be designed, not implemented)
This task is in two parts. The design for both Part I and Part II will be delivered in the design report while only part I will be implemented. The application will enable numerous car-rentals to monitor each others car availability. If car rental A for example has no cars of certain size which it needs, it can simply see whether or not car rental B has one available. But only if car rentals A and B are "friends". This project will start out as a small and simple one, but with the possibility of enhancing to requirements II. That is, if contractor and buyer come to an understanding and part-I is satisfactory. The contractor will deliver design report for both requirements part I and part II, but only Requirements I will be implemented in this first round. The web-application can be as raw as the contractor seems fit. Only needs the necessary controls. The implementation for Part I is very simple, so what we are after is a clean start for the project and a good and scalable design.
The contractor must be accessible through MSN, Skype and/or phone for prompt communications. Please only respond if you have experience in DB design, UML design, writing design diagrams like "Use Case diagram", "Sequence diagram", "Class diagram", etc. If you cannot meet these requirements, please do not waste my time and yours, as I have already wasted quite some time and money on other sites on people who were not able to provide as specified. If you cannot show sample of work and experience, simply DO NOT BID.
The application will be split into layers and the "Provider Model" applied. Implemented with .NET
i. Presentation Layer: ASP.NET
ii. Business Logic Layer: This would be reusable set of C# classes
iii. Data Access Layer: MySQL, perhaps MS-SQL-Server
Part I - Requirements to be implemented
1. Register a car-rental (name, email and password)
3. Register a vehicle; (type, name, model, doors)
4. List all registered vehicles (type, name, model, doors)
Part II - Requirements not to be implemented, but to be included in the design report
5. Register car-rental's friend (friend car rental). This is done with the friend's email address. The friend (Car-rental) must already exist as a car-rental in the application
6. User can register one of its cars as loaned to a friend car-rental. (The email address doesn’t have to exist in system)
7. User can see its car-rental in a tree control and also other friend-car-rentals and categorization under them. (Rental, type)
8. According to selection in the tree control, a list control displays all applicable vehicles (type, name, model, doors). By default own car rental is picked.
9. according to selection in list control, the chosen vehicle details is shown in a "vehicle detail pane". By default, the top vehicle is chosen
To be delivered:
- Contractor must provide sample of work.
- Design report/document for part I and part II using UML with entity diagram and class included. The design (Database schema and C# objects) must be discussed with us the client/buyer and approved before being worked on.
- The software product. The contractor must put the implemented product (part-I) up for show before its delivery.
- All source code and added external libraries must be included in the delivery.