I run a popular Magic: the Gathering website and am looking to provide my users and readers with information about Standard and MTG Arena, topics relatively new to the site. I strongly prefer someone who is a competitive Standard player and can intelligently write about the metagame at any given time.
* Help produce fun, awesome, and high quality articles about Magic and MTG Arena
* Some articles will be informational, how-to, articles while others will be Magic strategy articles
* Closely follow written article guidelines and topic outline suggestions
* Work with the content manager to refine your articles and manage on time delivery
Potential additional responsibilities (depending on your availability and skillset):
* You may need to research additional information to help expand on an article’s topic
We will discuss a fee to pay you by the word based on the article length. The longer you stay on, I will increase your rate/word.
You must be:
* Fully 100% comfortable with the English language (clearly a native English speaker or achieved a similar level of competency)
* Interested in Magic, an MTG Arena user, and well-versed in Standard
* Able to act independently using your own good judgement, when required
* Have a flexible schedule and be able to work on a short timeline -- Wizards of the Coast frequently acts in unpredictable ways
* Have a strong attention to detail
* Have no problem learning new software or adapting to MTGA changes as required
Software you’ll use:
* Google Docs
* Google Drive / Dropbox
Please answer the following questions in your proposal/cover letter:
Let me know what your favorite ways to play Magic are and how long you’ve been playing
Do you play Magic in person? On Arena? On Magic Online? (which mode(s) primarily?)
What previous experience do you have with writing articles online? Please link out to a portfolio or to articles you’ve written.
Which of the software applications/tools listed above have you used before? And in what capacity?