Sociology 1120: Research Paper Questions
1. How does sexuality play a part in social inequality? How does economic disparity impact violence against women? Engage with ideas about wage gap and the feminization of poverty. Consider factors including prostitution and pornography and their effects on women. Apply theoretical approaches to your discussion.
2. About one hundred years have passed since Marx, Weber, and Durkheim were writing about modern society. Using one of the theorists: Examine Canadian society, analyse how society has changed over that period of time and confirm and disregard the analysis of the theorist. What changes are at odds with the theorist? In what ways do his theoretical contributions enlighten how we view the workings of society?
3. “The Corporation” diagnoses corporations as having a “psychopathic personality disorder”. The film provides many examples to help support this diagnosis. The goal of this assignment is to research corporations to see if, in fact, they do suffer from the symptoms argued in the film. The assignment is to complete an evaluation of a corporation of your choice. Explain by citing its morals, ethics, role in the economy, impact to society, etc. Make reference to any qualities of your corporation that resemble the psychopathic personality disorder symptoms that are listed above from the documentary film. Make sure to reference your research about the corporation and explain how the symptoms appear to be present in your corporation. If your corporation does NOT resemble the symptoms of the psychopathic personality disorder, then explain why it does not by citing examples from your research. Be certain to use the sociological perspective and analyse the corporation using at least two different sociological theories discussed in the textbook. Implementation of theorists such as Marx and Durkheim may also be useful in your analysis.
* Select one of the questions above.
Word Limit: 2,000 words
5% penalty per day for late papers
Essays must be uploaded to the assignment folder in D2L by 11:59pm on the date of the deadline. See D2L for more details.
1. Papers are graded in terms of content, research, insight, originality, analytical skill, organisation, clarity of expression, overall presentation style, spelling, grammar and proper referencing.
2. Referencing: references should be cited in both within the text body indicating the author, year and page number e.g. (Smith, 1987, 42) and in a full reference bibliography section at the end of the paper. If you are unsure of referencing procedures, there are a number of sources you can consult, including: The University of Chicago Press. The Chicago Manual of Style); The Modern Language Association of America. MLA Handbook for Writers of Research Papers. Additionally, weblinks need to include the URL and the date accessed. All sources must be academic. Note, Wikipedia and random websites are not academic sources. I recommend using books and journal articles.
The key information provided in a reference is (Author Last name, Year: Page number). The division between each piece of information can vary slightly depending upon the format used (e.g. whether a “,” or “:” between the year and page number, etc). But the information provided, regardless of the citation style, is always the same.
19 freelanceria on tarjonnut keskimäärin %project_bid_stats_avg_sub_26% %project_currencyDetails_sign_sub_27% tähän työhön
Hi, I am an experienced academic writer. I shall deliver you this paper in stellar quality Relevant Skills and Experience Please contact me Proposed Milestones $88 CAD - d