I'm looking to start hiring a personal assistant. I will hire first for a week to, renew for a month if things work fine and then renew from 3 months, up to a year. Check if this suits you and feel free to do a counter-offer in terms of assignments, process, prices, etc. The best deal is the one that suits both of us!
All the best,
I am a management consultant, specialized in strategy and business development and currently doing a PhD in Digital Media Psychology. I have just moved to Australia and need to structure my whole life: from apartment, banks to professional network, jobs, etc here. I love to help people develop and also learn from them.
II. ASSISTANT REQUIREMENTS: Please inform me to what extent I can expect your assistance to comply with it:
1. Skills: Impeccable English Business Writing and Excellent Time Management
a. Extremely organized, synthetic and clear (all that I am not);
b. Proactive in suggesting actions or strategies to handle the work, aligning before implementing considerable changes;
c. Open to give and receive feedback and a sincere opinion on our professional relationship and the tasks we are developing and how to make them better.
III. ASSIGNMENTS: My assistant will support me in the long run in these activities:
1. Research and filter information on personal and professional emails and news/ blogs/ social media.
2. Keep the ball rolling with my contacts, checking that all is fine or giving simple/ etiquette replies.
3. Make sure that I don't forget important personal, professional, financial events or issues pending.
4. Assisting with online services, finding, buying, paying, scheduling and so on.
5. Applying to jobs and managing the application development.
Things you might later work on or hire people to do:
6. Setting my personal and professional website, personal cards and other things.
7. More complex emails - such as responding to partners and suppliers for the purpose of managing schedules and deliverables
8. More specific researches on information related to my ongoing work.
IV. FORMAT OF THE JOB:
We can set a fixed price or work per hour, depends on the budget you will propose. I wish to initially spend at most $35 per month (until I find a job here and as a warm up) and we can establish the work load proportionally. We will gradually increase the work load, but I probably will not spend more than $100 per month. Please give me an idea of your rate per hour, if you would be happy to develop a long-term work together and why you could be a good fit and value for money.
V. CAN WE DO A TRIAL?
If this job might interest you, would you be willing to make a test with the 3 following tasks?
1. Receiving my CV and cover letter with orientation on how to customize to different companies/ jobs, searching the web, selecting 3 suitable jobs, customizing material to them and applying. You will deliver me: The confirmation of date, company and position of the 3 application concluded; the customized material sent to each; the number of hours used in the whole process. No further orientation besides the initial customization instruction will be provided by me as this is just a test.
2. Find 1 upcoming event in Sydney and 1 interesting news/ articles regarding any of these themes: digital media, digital marketing, product management, innovation, film production, music production, augmented or immersive reality, brand management, branding, visual literacy, music literacy, semiotics, user experience. LET ME KNOW the number of hours used in the whole process. You can check any of these sites (.[url removed, login to view]): Screenhub; Mumbrella; Marketingmag; or Mediaweek
3. I bought a phone in Honk Kong, which came damaged and I ship to the seller to verify if they will substitute, repair or classify as non-refundable. The company only communicates through chat or email and has taken a month already. How would you manage this case?