Femme Heroine is a new start up concept powered by young kweens especially for young kweens. This new website is pumping out content for the gentlelady. We wanted to create a home, a hub if you will, for young women who are informed, outspoken, sassy, opinionated and not afraid to advertise it. We envision a home where people can find real, humorous and relatable content about being a go-getting lady in her 20s.
What is a ‘Femme Heroine’ you ask?
Femme Heroine; “An independent, forward thinking gentlelady with an attitude to suit. She is no damsel in distress, but the hero of her own story. She is a hustler on the streets and a killer in the sheets.”
Think Lena Dunham meets Lily Rose Depp.
We are looking for a bunch of bright, informed writers who have an interest in creating femme centric pieces. You could be publishing articles on anything from Pauline Hanson to the male foreskin- the choice is yours. A great way to get your name out there and write for a fun, forward thinking brand that wants to help you build your portfolio!
The website will focus on news, relationships, femme focus issues and travel. News content will be produced in opinion form. As opposed to regurgitating information that people can just get on [url removed, login to view], Femme Heroine want to offer readers a thoughtful read on current events from your perspective.
Now down to the nitty gritty...
What we want form you
• We are looking for someone who has a clear voice through his or her writing and is able to work independently and to a deadline.
• This role is unpaid and would require you to submit 2-3 articles a week (flexible depending on your commitments).
• Articles can be in three formats: long form features that you have researched and pitched to the editor, listacles or short form opinion/ thought pieces.
• You are welcome to pitch article ideas, otherwise the editor will send out a weekly email with a spreadsheet of potential content ideas.
• Laptop or access to a computer will be required as all communication with unpaid contributors and freelancers will be via social media/email etc.
• A social media presence of your own is a must.
What we can offer you
• Some contributors/freelancers may be offered more permanent paid roles as the website progresses and depending on their level of skill.
• Once offered a position as a Femme Heroine contributor, you will be provided with an editorial and article style guide.
• Freelancers who express an interest in contributing regularly will get their bio and headshot, with links to social, featured on the contributor’s page.
• All contributors will have their headshot and links to their social at the end of all their articles.
• A letter of reference can be provided to future employers for all contributors.
• Free Femme Heroine T-shirt! (yassss)
If you think you fit the bill and can’t wait to contribute to a tribe of Boss Bitches then apply! Send us an example of your work or you can alternatively pitch us an article idea. If you are wanting to become a permanent contributor (ie. With a blog bio, contributing 2-3 articles a week) then include a short covering letter answering the following questions;
1. Name, age and location
2. Why you want to write for Femme Heroine
3. What your interests are
4. What area you are particularly interested in writing about/ how often you would like to contribute
The website launches next month so don't wait to send in your application!