We are looking for passionate freelance journalists to be in charge of spreading the amazing, compelling and disruptive story of Blasting News. The story of journalism by the people, for the people!
● Report news and great stories.
● Publish high quality news and stories about the topics covered by Blasting News including: Breaking News, Business/Finance, Sport, Showbiz & TV, Style, Entertainment and Tech.
● Use a variety of formats, such as written articles, videos, photos and audio.
● Share and promote the news on social media platforms and through social networks (such as Facebook, Twitter, Google +, Youtube) to increase the number of the readers.
Competences and Experience
● Extremely passionate about innovative online media paradigms, social journalism and democracy in the information system.
● Some/strong knowledge of publishing content on the web.
● Ability to verify sources and fact-check articles.
● SEO skills.
● Real interest in social media marketing.
● English Native Speaker.
● Type of contract: freelance.
● Job Location: Anywhere. The Blaster is not required to check in at an office.
● Working hours: Flexible. The Blaster can work on a flexible basis.
The Compensation may vary according to a number of factors. Among the others:
● Number and success of written articles, where success is defined as number of readers actually reading the article (the more people read the content, the more money the blaster can earn).
● Type of topics and categories.
● Source of the readers (social networks readers being the most valuable ones).
Overall, the compensation is up to 150 pounds per article. The compensation scheme is fully available on this page http://www.blastingnews.com.
A welcome package will be granted to the most promising writers (the welcome package is available ONLY to the Blasters applying through this job offer and following the Selection Process as described below).
● The candidate has to upload their CV onto: [url removed, login to view]
● The HR team will evaluate the resume and will follow up with the candidate.
Blasting News is the largest global social news publisher – set up in mid-2013, it is now the 142nd most visited websites in the world (Alexa Ranking), thanks to 102+ million monthly unique on-site visitors. Blasting News has readers in five continents and offices in London, New York, Sao Paulo, Milan, Rome, and soon Singapore. Blasting News is a new disruptive concept of journalism, being made by the people, for the people. News is produced by delocalized freelance contributors (Blasters), fact-checked and curated by a quality team of senior professionals. Furthermore, news is distributed by Social Blasters, a global team of top digital influencers. All the processes are fueled by the crowd, without any central newsroom - thanks to an extensive use of technology (the core stages are managed by algorithms, some of which are patent-pending).
Blasting News has a very innovative proposition:
• 100% Independent
Blasting News encourages a wide range of points of view. All blasters can freely choose the topic and the medium of their contents. Blasting News has adopted George Whitefield’s principle “We’ll just have to agree to disagree.”
• 100% Democratic
Blasting News does not have any central editorial office: we have developed a technology that promotes the most interesting, highest quality news, taking into account a huge number of factors.
• 100% Meritocratic
Blasters earn money thanks to a simple quality-based system: the more people that read the content, the more money the Blaster receives. Money comes from advertisement sold on the webpages.