Jenny Garcia is a 39-year-old Hispanic Canadian in a same sex relationship. She lives with her same sex partner of 10 years with two adopted kids and works as a mental health support worker in Newmarket, Ontario. Recently, the City of Aurora marked a major cross walk with the rainbow colors and invited the Mayor to commission the community project for diversity and inclusion in the Town of Aurora. Jenny proudly took her family to witness the ceremony and expressed joy at the landmark making ceremony. She made the evening news and spoke eloquently of her sexuality and the relevance of the event to her family.
The following week, upon resuming work, her employer called her into the office and informed her that because of the COVID-19 pandemic, the Agency will be laying-off staff due to massive drop-in business and patronage. Jenny was the first to get the pink slip. With the Canada Emergency Relief Benefit coming to an end, Jenny is concerned about how to pay her rent and other bills. With the second wave of the pandemic, her same sex partner’s local restaurant is confronted with multiple challenges and would likely close down for good.
As a frontline support worker, Jenny has come to you for support.
1. Using one specific theoretical lens what are the key themes that you can identify in this case?
2. What are some intersecting identities that you can point to in this case?
3. What are some strengths that you can identify for Jenny Garcia?
4. What are some resources you might seek to start supporting Jenny Garcia as a social service worker?
5. Name and explain three challenges facing Jenny’s family as a Hispanic Canadian as a result of the pandemic
15 freelancers are bidding on average $24 for this job
Hey I am interested in working on the project you posted. I have extensive experience of working on such projects. I deliver quality and commitment. You can see my reviews as well. Thanks
Hello. I can answer all these 5 questions from the case study above. I can show you my writing style on chat by showing you some of my written samples. Please message me for my samples.