A freelance role has become available to work as a brand article writer/blogger for a branding agency providing successful, award winning solutions for their clients.
It is an exciting opportunity for a talented, self motivated achiever with a good understanding of branding and content marketing to work in a freelance capacity as a brand article writer and blogger, researching and delivering compelling keyword-rich content to client brief to keep our audience engaged and returning to our website. This role has the opportunity to grow into one of increased responsibility and project contribution, if desired.
Experience and Qualifications:
Polished verbal and excellent writing skills with a keen interest in brands/branding across all industry sectors, particularly in FMCG, and a demonstrated ability to write succinct compelling content for online about branding. A professional and academically qualified background in marketing would be helpful. An understanding of digital/content marketing and social media would be important too.
Excellent written and spoken English required to native speaking standard with an ability to write in linguistically appropriate native UK English (nuances, spellings, expressions and terminology):
• Excellent writing, grammar, spelling and formatting
• Informative, bright and engaging writing style
• Supply 3-5 samples of your work relating to branding for review (please don't supply samples which don't relate to the required subject matter)
• Experience/expertise in marketing and brand building
• Expertise in web copy, SEO, and online (email) marketing a plus
• An exceptional portfolio that demonstrates an ability to create compelling copy about all aspects of branding for a wide variety of brands, audiences and industries
• References or an established reputation on Freelancer required
Requirements and Responsibilities:
Research and write one (SEO friendly) quality article (1500-2000 words) a week related to different aspects of branding (jargon free) for B2B audiences based on our direction and agreed creative brief.
Articles must be supported with the supply of 2 - 3 links to relevant good quality YouTube video content within the article to strengthen the brand examples, case study/article relevance and keep it fresh, compelling and informative. You must use your creativity to make the written and visual content fresh, attractive, interesting and shareable.
You should also list 4 - 5 thought provoking questions at the end of the article to get the reader thinking about the content and its context in relation to their own branding.
The hyperlink sources used to research the article content must be listed at the bottom of the article and credit must be attributed where appropriate to statistical information sourced etc.
Working as a team contributor you will be asked to proactively contribute suggestions and ideas for article content planned 6 - 8 weeks ahead of potential publication. You will also be accountable for weekly timely delivery of articles together with monthly forward planning contributions.
You will always have 2 - 3 articles ready, written and supplied ahead of scheduled publication (to which you add one a week as one is released for publication always keeping 1 - 2 in reserve). Each article will be paid for individually on completion. Some of this content must be evergreen in nature while other articles will be much more timely driven by the time of year and/or unfolding news/events. Content is to be 'ghost' written exclusively for our use and not repurposed or supplied to be used by you or any other parties.
Please DO NOT apply for this job unless you can demonstrate your knowledge and writing capabilities about all the various aspects of brands and branding with a proven track record on this specific subject matter. This must be evidenced in the writing samples you supply.
Payment: Fixed weekly fee for each article supplied to agreed brief and deadline
PLEASE DO NOT APPLY UNLESS YOU HAVE PROVEN EXPERTISE ON THE REQUIRED TOPIC - ALL ASPECTS OF BRANDING (not design).
You must supply 3-5 samples of articles you've previously written about various aspects of branding in order to be considered for this job. Sample articles of non-branding related content will not be read, evaluated or considered because they are irrelevant to our needs regardless of how well written so please do not send them!
Please note examples of relevant branding related articles include the following:
• Rebranding Strategy: Why Your Rebrand Must Embrace Storytelling
• Brand Revitalisation: 9 Strategies to Revive Your Lagging Brand
• Co-Branding: 13 Tips for Growing Your Brand Through Strategic Partnerships
• Brand Profiling: Top 6 Key Elements to Creating a Compelling Brand Personality
• Brand Audits: 10 Things Successful Brand Owners and Managers Must Know
• Brand Differentiation: 20 Ways to Differentiate Your Brand
• Luxury Branding: How to Establish or Re-Position Your High-End Brand
• Packaging Design: How to Make it into a Customer Magnet
• Baby Boomer Branding: How and Why to Market to this Lucrative Demographic