As an appointment setter, you receive lists of potential clients from the company, and you are responsible for cold calling these prospects. You use these calls to determine the overall interest of prospective clients and eliminate clients who aren’t interested. You may also use email to contact clients, both current and prospective, to answer any questions, schedule meetings with a salesperson, or reschedule meetings as needed. When you contact prospective clients and talk to them about products or services, you keep accurate records of each conversation. You also indicate in these records whether the person is interested or not. You should be an excellent communicator, and comfortable speaking with clients and customers all day long.
* Basic knowledge of sales principles. You also know how to garner interest in the product or service that the company is selling.
* Previous customer service experience, preferably in a call center environment. However, any kind of retail customer service is usually helpful for this position.
* Skilled data entry person who can type at fast speeds with high accuracy.
* Excellent with interpersonal communication skills in both verbal and written forms.
* Highly organized person and always knows what’s going on with each client.
If you are interested in working for a long term project, this one's for you!