Web-based communication app that uses avatars as visual representations and camera to record facial movements, which are mapped to the avatars in real-time
• Facial detection library, which detects facial points
• Facial expressions logic, which maps facial points to blendshapes to imitate mimic and head movements of user
• Implemented frontend (UI/UX)
• Avatar library, where avatars are stored with all necessary information (mesh, texture, blendshapes, etc.)
• Unity project with all associated files
• Deployed WebGL version of the project
• Current Unity animation project (contains basic facial detection and blendshape mapping logic)
• UI/UX design
• Avatars (mesh, texture, blendshapes)
• Experience in game and app development (Unity, Blender, etc.) with a sense for design and UI/UX
• Excellent 3D modelling skills and experience in computer vision / facial recognition
• Excellent coding skills and good understanding of versioning tools
• This will probably be a 2-3 months period project (Jan-Mar 2019) and requires some time flexibility
• Detailed project plan will be discussed during kick-off
• Temporary on-site presence possible and preferred (Berlin)
Please answer the following questions to your best knowledge and depth
• Have you worked in facial animation before? If yes, what environments did you use? Which animation techniques did you use?
• Have you worked in facial recognition before? If yes, which environments did you use? Which recognition techniques did you use
• Apart from you previous experience, what other techniques / libraries do you know that would enhance the animation quality substantially (recognition stability and latency, realism of facial animation, etc.)
• For which platforms/OS did you develop before?
• Do you have special knowledge of web-based deployments (e.g. WebGL)? What are the challenges here and how can they be resolved?
• What is your preferred working mode in remote projects (daily communication and lots of input or rather less communication and getting stuff done mentality). Please elaborate.
• Is it possible for you to relocate to Berlin (optional, time not set yet)
• What is your general availability in the first half of 2019? Will you be available full time?