Client wishes to launch in the Android Market store an application containing preloaded images which will at a minimum offer users the ability to easily browse those images, set them as wallpaper, and review associated text information related to each such image. Additional functionality would offer the ability to ingest as from an aggregator such as AdMob, and to enable users to personalise the image by adding their own text.?
The applications will be sold for a one-off charge, and the content will be static and not renewed. In order for the contents of the image collections and associated text information to be edited/replaced, the application should be supplied to us along with a Content Management System. ??
1. Specification For Developer?
a. Access Slideshow Application?Slideshow should be built in accordance with Android SDK and be able to be downloaded from Android Market, and consumed on Android handset. Application should be sized and compressed so as to take no more than 10 seconds to download over average wifi or 3G link.
b. Front Page display?On opening the application the user should be presented with a front page containing branding, an image, and a thumbnail menu to navigate between images.
c. Image Display Page?Each image should be displayed full screen at high resolution. Menu options are ‘set as wallpaper’, ‘read info’, and ‘overlay text on image’. A ‘Next Image’ and ‘Previous Image’ button should cycle between all the images in the application. A ‘slideshow’ setting should enable the images to be automatically cycled in sequence at regular intervals without user interaction.
d. ‘Set as Wallpaper’ option ?Clicking this should result in image being installed as handset wallpaper according to standard wallpaper dimensions with optimised crop for each image. (N.b. If this function escalates cost significantly, please provide a quote on a ‘with’ and ‘without’ basis.)
e. ‘Overlay Text on Image’ option?Clicking this should offer user a text box into which they can input text using device’s QWERTY or alphanumeric keyboard. When saved, the text should appear in the optimal space for each image, i.e. on background or non-essential detail in the image.
f. Mobile Advertising?The ability should be present for ingestion of ads via ad aggregators such as AdMob.
g. Content Management System?Editor should be able to weed out/replace the images contained in the application, and the associated text, by means of a simple UI linked to a database of content.
h. Billing Functionality?Application will be paid-for, so integration (as per Android SDK) into T-Mobile USA (and other future) operator billing engines is mandatory, as well as Google Checkout credit card option.?
- The CMS needs to also have fields for metadata for each image: an image nr, a short text description and 2 other data fields for a short bit of text or nrs. This would be for their internal use, it does not have to interface with existing software, it’s just for their reference.
- Each Image has a description that can be entered in the CMS. Imagine a photo of a soccer player. Now when the user has that image on screen, there is an on-screen menu that says ‘Get More Info’ or ‘Learn More.’ When the clicks on this an elegant translucent overlay appears at a fixed position on-screen, with stats like age, description text, etc. They have to be able to enter this in the CMS and it has to look good on screen.
- In addition the user can add text himself in 3 ways:
- 1) Simple text overlaying image, as you said, with the ability for the user to position himself.
- 2) Stylized text at bottom or top of screen in affixed place, using a manageable font specified by client
- 3) Postcard format: where half the screen is image and half is the user entered text. This has to be stylized again, looking cool with maybe a postage stamp or something. Each Image will have an alternate image for the postcard view, so the cms has to have an option of ‘does this image have a postcard alt?’ and if yes then show that image, so it’s cropped right. So for most images, in the cms they would upload two images: the main one and the alt/postcard version.
The idea is that users would be enticed to send these to each other. So when you enter your own text, in any of the three ways described, the app then lets you publish the resulting image plus the text to your picture gallery on your phone and from there you can email it to a friend. Therefore the picture text combo image has to be good looking.
- When you are on any image, there should be an on-screen menu, that lets you set that image as your wallpaper directly. ‘Make this image my wallpaper.’
- We understand the billing is a function of the android market. However: T-Mobile billing is not yet ready. When it does become ready, the app should be able to be billed via t-mobile monthly billing statement no problem.
- Admob , just make sure that it is not hard to plug this in, when the app is done. So when the client wants to add this it is easy.
- This client wants to be able to roll out this app again, for different themes:
Imagine one for soccer players, one for cars, one for nature etc.
So we need to know from you: what is the cost to roll out next app and can you make a cms that would services several different apps. Now these apps might have slight differences in terms of text placement, so what is an efficient way of setting this up, to where it is most easy for client to publish next app.
Can you make the cms as universal as possible and then quote us a price for making the next app.
Say the first app with soccer players is in stores. Then you say it’s x dollars to publish this again, with working cms, for say cars.