Your task will be to create an Android application.
Lets call it CallServer.
The application will need permissions to access internet, and permissions to make calls and send SMS messages.
The application will run on foreground only. When it is ended, it is stopped entirely.
When started, the application will provide two options:
The CONFIGURE option:
- user will be able to enter URL address (like [url removed, login to view])
- this URL address will be now known as API URL
- when user enters the API URL address, it will be saved and remembered
The RUN option:
- in this mode, the application will connect to the API URL (defined above).
- the connection will stay open, and the app will be reading commands from the API
- every time a line is received on the connection, it is printed on phone's display, and if it is a valid API command, it will be processed (see below)
- if there is no incoming data on the connection for more than 60 seconds, the connection to API URL is forcibly closed and reopened. This is to ensure that a network issue won't hang our connection if it looks like opened but in fact is freezed.
- every time the connection is closed or opened, it is printed on phone's screen
The appi commands:
all commands are on new line
all commands must begin with uppercase string: API
If a line is received which doesn't start with "API" string, it is silently ignored
API CALL 123456789 10
- if this command is received, the app will initiate call given phone number (123456789)
- as soon as the phone call is accepted, the app will end the call immediately.
- if the called party doesn't respond in given seconds (10 in our example), the call will be ended as well
API SENDSMS 123456789 text text text
- if this command is received, the app sends SMS message to the given phone number. The entire text on the line after the phone number is considered as text message (first 140 characters only), including spaces.
- if this command is received, the connection to API URL is closed and opened again, to force reconnect.
- all connection attempts and failures are printed to phone's screen.
If the phone receives incoming call while the app is running, it immediately hangs up (ends the call without accepting it).
If the phone receives incoming SMS message while the app is running, it immediately deletes it.
24 freelanceria on tarjonnut keskimäärin %project_bid_stats_avg_sub_26% %project_currencyDetails_sign_sub_27% tähän työhön
welcome sir, I'm an expert android developer. I have created many apps before and some of them were using same ideas as your app. please contact me and let's get starting. thank you and best regards
Hi Tomas, We have worked together in past and i would love to work again for you! I would like to discuss this project further with you and then finalize the budget before we get started. Awaiting your response. :)