Compute the boundary layer thickness at the edge of the plate and the drag for
U∞ = 1m/s, Length = 0.5m, W idth = 1m,
Lifting Line Theory
Using lifting line theory, estimate the aerodynamic characteristics (CL, CDi
and e) of the SR22 wing planform
(ignoring the presence of the fuselage). Determine this using eight terms in the monoplane equation, assuming
symmetrical lift distribution. The aircraft is flying at an AOA of 5◦
, uses the NACA 65-415 aerofoil. Using
XFOIL, determine the zero lift angle and lift curve gradient. The wing has a root chord, of croot = 1.58m, a
taper ratio, λ = 0.5, and a semi-span of b = 5.84m
3D Finite Wing Analysis -
In this section you will develop your own code and explore the capabilities of the numerical panel method
known as the Vortex Lattice Method (VLM for short). The VLM approach to solving the thin lifting surface
problem in a potential flow framework will be explored in the tutorials to help you develop your own code.
There are two parts to this report: the first part deals with the development of the method, and a parametric
study on how wing geometry effects aerodynamic performance; and the second part deals with a design
problem. For the first part you should:
• Develop a functional vortex lattice solver using Vortex Ring elements. The requirements of your
program will be outlined below:
– The main program should run as a standalone script, which will be submitted independently of
the report, and tested by the marker.
– All subroutines, such as a vortex line solver, or geometric mesh program should be included at
the end of the main script
– The main program should be submitted with the inputs pre-declared at the top of the script, and
should solve the aerodynamic forces for the wing described in Section 1.2.
– The script should print to the terminal the total lift coefficient, CL, Induced drag coefficient, CDi
and the maximum (or peak) Circulation, Γmax
– The script should also produce two plots: one showi
4 freelancers are bidding on average $155 for this job
Hey! I'm a mechanical engineering student and I am fairly familiar with thermodynamics and fluid flow, even though I'm not fully familiar with the work you've assigned, I could try my best to learn and try doing it.