Pacific Western Rail Systems is looking for a Graphic Designer / Illustrator to join our Marketing team for our manufacturing company North American Railcar Corporation.
NOTE: The graphics are based on real life versions of model trains, there is no need for creative concepts you will be required to copy the real cars you see on the real train tracks. Check our website [login to view URL] Look at the page and see how the designs are created.
The ideal candidate will have professional design experience and the ability to speak English fluently. This position will be working specifically with our marketing team and can be based in Canada or the US. Candidates with other experience levels and backgrounds will be considered upon evaluation of their portfolios. All candidates should provide a link to an online portfolio to be considered for this position or provide samples via e-mail if requested. All candidates must be self-motivated and willing to listen, learn and collaborate.
A Pacific Western Rail Systems Graphic Designer / Illustrator helps craft the stories about our brands, and products. It is a cross-functional position that interacts with many facets of the company, so excellent interpersonal skills are just as important as design skills. This position will work closely with our marketing coordinator on a daily basis.
We prefer candidates based in British Columbia, Canada but would consider a remote work opportunity for the right candidate.
As a Pacific Western Rail Systems Graphic Designer / Illustrator, you will have the opportunity to create effective design solutions for some or all of these graphic applications:
• Designing manufacturing graphics for North American Railcar Corporation
• Print collateral (ads, sales sheets, POP, etc.)
• Environmental/trade-show graphics
• Catalog/brochure publications
As a Pacific Western Rail Systems Graphic Designer / Illustrator, you will be expected to:
• Meet deadlines and manage tasks with minimal oversight
• Push creative boundaries but be willing to compromise
• Dig into the details of new products we are manufacturing
• Be flexible enough to quickly shift priorities when needed
• Follow established departmental procedures for proofing, closing out jobs and archiving of projects
• Ability to speak English fluently
• Bachelor’s Degree in Graphic Designer / Illustrator is preferred, with a minimum diploma in Graphic
• Full portfolio showcasing artwork including creating production ready graphics and line drawings from existing photos
• Strong proficiency in Adobe Creative Cloud and Microsoft Office Programs
• Video editing is a big plus
Pacific Western Rail Systems is an equal opportunity employer - This position is also available as an ongiong position for the right candidate.
To see what we are manufacturing look at the attached projects the 5092 BC Rail Boxcars are an example of the artwork you would be required to produce. You will be given the skeleton drawings and need to apply the colours, tracing graffiti graphics, creating text for the cars etc...
If this sounds like something you would enjoy and want to do, apply now.