Supports various functions within the Excise Tax Group including, but not limited to preparation of Fuels Tax returns and Terminal Operator reports, calculation and reconciliation of fuel tax accounting entries for accuracy and compliance with applicable state, local, and federal laws, work with internal and external customers to resolve issues in fuel taxes billed or accrued.
• Extracts and reviews fuel delivery data for proper presentation to federal and state authorities. Prepares motor fuel tax returns and claims for refund returns.
• Makes timely tax deposits and tax payments.
• Monitors account activity for changes in rates, purchases, accruals, etc., and uses reason to provide written explanations of variances.
• Uses discretion to scrutinize accounting records for unusual/extraordinary transactions, investigate findings and provide resolution.
• Ensures compliance with federal, state and local authorities through communicating changes in taxes for proper adjustment to ERP system, reviewing ongoing developments in tax laws.
• Assists during examinations by federal or state auditors.
• Initiates, documents, files and tracks excise tax refund requests.
• Coordinates and completes special projects as assigned by Manager or Director.
• Reconciles fuel delivery data against the general ledger. Researches differences and communicates to the AP supervisor for correction.
EDUCATION and Experience:
• Minimum undergraduate degree in Accounting or related field required.
• Minimum 2 years accounting, finance or marketing experience in the oil and gas industry required.
4 freelanceria on tarjonnut keskimäärin %project_bid_stats_avg_sub_18% %project_currencyDetails_sign_sub_19%/tunti tähän työhön
I am a professional business consultant having more than four years of relevant and rich experience in the field and through freelancer. Would you like to ask more?