I need you to write an academic article. In your book, Guide to Operating Systems by Michael Palmer and Michael Walters, each chapter deals with a specific area within operating systems and networking.
These areas are broken down by chapter
1) Operating system theory
2) Popular operating systems
3) Operating system hardware components
4) File systems
5) Installing an upgrading operating systems 6) Configuring input and output devices
7) Using and configuring storage devices
8) Modems and other communication devices
9) Network connectivity
10) Resource sharing over a network
11) Standard operating and maintenance procedures
For this assignment you can write on one of the following areas:
1) Operating Systems evolution (future)
2) File systems evolution (future)
3) CPU evolution (future)
4) Installation and configuration techniques (future) 5) Input output Devices (future)
6) Communications Devices (future)
7) Configuring Storage Devices (future)
8) Resource Sharing over a network (future)
9) OS Maintenance (future)
Warning: No papers will be accepted on security
(For example The security of cloud computing)
These 9 areas listed above are currently active areas of research, Choose one from the list of nine, and then write a paper on what changes will be in the future using current research. Your book covers historical and up to current technologies, your paper will address where things are going in one of the above listed areas.
You must use proper journals such as IEEE and ACM. No trade publications, No web references, book references or white papers. Keep your references as current as possible. Be careful not to choose to global a topic, for example, all the “operating systems” currently being research is to global, choose one operating system being research and research that. Refrain from using generation references, each reference must pertain to your paper, not a referenced paper.
Your paper must include a well-defined direction and review of the influential research that was the basis for your paper. The paper must be between 10-12
pages and include a minimum of 8 citations, do not exceed twelve pages. Each citation in the paper must appear in the reference list.
This research paper will be evaluated on the content and clarity of each section as well as the effectiveness with which the document is organized and planned. Factors affecting the evaluation process include the purpose, significance, merit of the investigation, detail, focus and flow.
Do not make your paper to global, only choose a few papers to review in
a specific topic area. Make sure you define the problem area and a goal.
For example, Current operating systems are not robust enough to address the changes necessary to support a wide range of hardware devices. (Kane,2013). This paper will provide research that addresses the changes necessary to allow a more consistent model across many different hardware platforms.
Form and Style.
Your paper should pay close attention to maintaining a consistent flow in form. The document must be well written and should be proofread for detail and accuracy. The paper should follow the basic framework for a scientific paper should answer the following questions:
What is the Problem? How did you address it? What were the results?
Further definition of structure would be:
1) Define your problem.
2) State your goal.
3) Why is this work significant and relevant?
4) Review current research in your area of choice.
5) Summary, conclusion and future work.