After completing this assignment, you should be able to:
• Describe a technical problem
• Use the research process to discover potential solutions to a technical problem
• Report data from sources using both text descriptions and data tables
• Make a technical recommendation based on evidence
• Use in-text citations to document sourced material correctly
In addition, you should show improved competence in these areas:
• Document design
• Following a prescribed document format
• Writing clearly, concisely, and consistently
For this assignment, a detailed problem statement is critical to success. You must first describe a problem requiring a technical solution that an engineer or computer scientist in your field might encounter on the job.
You can invent the details of your problem. The more details you can imagine for your scenario, the easier it will be to make a recommendation.
You cannot invent the data that will help you choose between the three viable solutions. You must research the criteria and provide evidence to support your recommendation.
Your topic selection should include:
• A full problem statement that shows motivation for the solutions and evaluation criteria (at least one full paragraph)
• At least three viable potential solutions
• At least three evaluation criteria that relate back to the problem statement
• Research options:
o Where you can go to find basic information to help you identify solutions
o Where you can go to find data for your evaluation criteria
• How this problem relates to your major
o The problem must be one that an engineer or computer scientist in your field might realistically encounter
o The problem must be simple enough that a student at your level can suggest a solution using the evaluation criteria you develop
Obtain instructor approval of your topic before proceeding to write your recommendation report.
• Your report should be 4 to 6 pages long. The length of your report will depend on the number of proposed solutions you consider and the complexity of your solutions and criteria.
• All reports must include at least one data table; additional data tables or other visuals are optional.
• Your total visuals should not occupy more than 3/4 of one page.
• Each visual must include a caption and give credit to the visual’s source (even if you created it yourself).
• Your report must include at least two different types of sources:
o A source that provides general guidance about your topic to help you develop proposed solutions. The type of source will vary depending on your problem.
o A source that provides evidence to support your evaluation criteria data, such as product specifications or data about general costs, such as cost per kilowatt hour for different types of energy.
• You must cite your sources within the text and in your data table(s).
• Include a Works Cited or References page. Your Works Cited or References should appear on a separate page that is not counted toward your page limit.
12 freelanceria on tarjonnut keskimäärin %project_bid_stats_avg_sub_26% %project_currencyDetails_sign_sub_27% tähän työhön
Hi There, I am interested in your project. I am an experienced academic writer and am greatly looking forward to a successful collaboration soon. Best regards
Hello there, I have read your project post and willing to do it for you. I'm MS Qualified and have expertise in my work. Kindly inbox for detail chat of your project.
i am software engineer. I have read your description. I would like to work for you.I can complete your task in time. For further details please inbox [login to view URL] you