I am looking for a php/mySQL programmer for the following project. Could you provide me with a price either in US$ or GB£.
PHP based search script powered by mySQL
1) Search script to query mySQL database through eight possible criteria
a) Cruise region dropdown (Caribbean, Mediterranean, Baltic...etc)
b) Earliest departure date dropdowns
c) Latest departure date dropdowns
d) Preferred duration dropdown
e) Cruise line dropdown (P&O Cruises, Royal Caribbean Cruises, Cunard...etc) – choosing a cruise line would populate the cruise ship dropdown of cruise ships with that cruise line
f) Specific cruise ship (Explorer of the seas, QE2, Adonia…etc) – cruise ships available once a cruise line has been selected from the cruise line dropdown.
g) 2 x radio button for “Show results by date” or “Show results by price”
The submit button would query the mySQL database for the closest matching cruises to clients criteria (no more than thirty days results) and display the results in a results page either by price or by date, depending on which radio button is selected. The results page would show a table of cruises matching the client’s requirements with a “click here for further details” link for each cruise. This would send the client onto a detailed description of that particular cruise including ports of call, ship photo, cruise line description etc. This ‘further details’ page ultimately would need to have the URL rewritten using the Apache module “Mod_Rewrite” in the .htaccess to convert from a dynamic URL into a static URL to be search engine friendly. If possible, the title and Meta content created ‘on the fly’ to include details of the particular cruise in question, again to create a more search engine friendly page. Results page to use our website template.
2) A feature to enable me to create the database offline in excel and import into mySQL via a CSV text file or something along those lines. This will save me time from working online via a control panel and enable me to delete expired cruise dates.
3) The database structured by your, I have never worked with databases before, but I do understand the importance of structuring a database correctly.
4) A feature to power individual cruise line pages with cruises, pulling the top 5 or top 10 best value cruises for that particular cruise line from the database and displaying them in a table on each cruise line page. Each cruise given a score (cost of cruise/number of nights) and lowest score to 5th/10th lowest score displayed in a table with a link to the “further details” page.
5) Full ownership / copyright to the script.
I have based this on the search facility found at [url removed, login to view], however, we don’t want this to be copied from them, just based on that idea, with added benefit of being able to power results for certain cruise lines on each corresponding cruise line page.