Poem about Chicago street names
- Tila: Closed
- Palkinto: $100
- Vastaanotetut työt: 14
- Voittaja: askalice
My city (Chicago) has a grid system of roads with names and numbers.
I'm looking for someone who can come up with a poem--something rhythmic and catchy--that will help people remember which streets go to which numbers. I don't care if you do it with a story, funny nonsense, wordplay. It should just be memorable.
Here are the streets and numbers:
[login to view URL]
I don't want EVERY SINGLE the streets numbered. Here are the "rules" for each part of the city:
- CENTER: Madison and State are the "0/0" streets. Mention that in some way.
- NORTH SIDE: Include Chicago, North, Fullerton, Belmont, Lawrence, Devon, Howard.
- SOUTH SIDE: Include Roosevelt, Cermak, Pershing. Mention that, other than those, the rest of the streets are numbered.
- WEST SIDE: Include Halsted, Ashland, Western, Kedzie, Pulaski, Cicero.
- EAST SIDE: Include Cottage Grove, Stony Island. Mention that if you go to far, you'll hit the lake [michigan].
If you want to include streets IN ADDITION to these above to make a stanza work, then no problem! I've also attached a file showing the full grid with other streets.
“Awesome work from askalice!”
chicodes101, United States.