Pitch Us Your Script
- Tila: Closed
- Palkinto: $10
- Vastaanotetut työt: 7
- Voittaja: nonimeneghetti
- One sentence that answers “What is it?”
- Logline vs. Tagline
a. Tagline - Used for marketing of a piece | Hook
aa. ex Tagline. Alien - “In space, no one can hear you scream”
ab. ex Logline. A small space crew responds to a call where aliens murder the crew, leaving one member to fend for herself”
b. Creates the desire to read your script
c. Pitches the film or TV show for you
d. Helps determine the viability of the idea
2. Component Suggestions
a. Don’t use character names
b. Add a descriptive characteristic relative to the plot
c. Try to keep them pro-active
- Protagonist’s Goal
- Antagonist/Antagonistic Force
- A ticking time bomb or the stakes
- Set-ups (only when needed)
- Strong Loglines Have:
b. A mental picture
c. Implied audience/cost - who is it for?
d. A killer title to go with it!
3. Additional Tips
- Don’t reveal the ending or tell the whole story (We should desire to know this after hearing the logline)
- Lowliness require thinking, testing out, and moving words around. (Don’t trust your first idea)
- Share your loglines with others
- The setting isn’t always required
Who knows? Perhaps we will ask you if we can produce your film!
Submission can be in writing, video pitch, or in whatever creative way you choose, we don't have preference and will deem value on the content and delivery and not so much in what medium you deliver it in. Contest will end in 7 days, so stay tuned!
“The pitch was original and well thought out. Great work!!”
richardbholley, United States.