New AI features for existing education App
- Tila: Closed
- Palkinto: €30
- Vastaanotetut työt: 3
- Voittaja: irinazeleva
I have a standardised tests app in market called "Test Me!" (we have both, an Android and an iOS version). Two stable versions already on stores (Android version currently has a much better look and feel), but with not so many downloads.
One problem we detected is, given the times being, where everybody's talking / working on AI, our app is not being so competitive and I'd like to add some new features that could give it more added value, and I'm specially thinking on AI features, like ChatGPT or so.
For you to have an idea, "Test Me!" intended to young people aiming to travel abroad to prepare their university admission exams (as well as, for example, TOEFL/IELTS english exams) through multiple choice tests. The app can be used to get ready to access university with the help of multiple choice SAT/ACT tests, but it's also useful for anyone preparing an english exam, because it includes, as already said, many professional SAT/TOEFL english tests.
App includes 149 tests so far -divided into maths, science, english reading/writing- and includes cool features like test records, looking for study material in Khan Academy YouTube channel, looking for colleges in US, progress charts and more.
To start having an idea, you can check the Android version here:
I decided to start a brainstorming project to get any kind of proposal to make our app more competitive, keeping in mind, they should be easy to implement, I mean, I'm not going to rewrite the whole app again.
What we currently have (to use on any possible new feature):
1. We have a cloud database with 149 tests, with an average of between 5/10 questions each.
2. The questions are in html format (to support Math formulas, and special formatting, like underlined text and so).
3. Each question has 4 possible answers, and we, of course, have the correct answer for each question.
4. Some questions include images.
5. All the questions also has explanations (created by the same professionals who created the questions) that explain to the student the correct answer answer and it is correct.
6. We DON'T have any other extra information (or meta data) about the questions than the explained above.
7. We also have a "Records" table where we store all the user records as he/she takes tests. In that table we store the test taken, the selected answers (also the correct one for each question) and the total score. This can be currently used by the students to keep track of their progress.
8. The app has a chart section where students can see a line chart of their progress on time.
9. The app has a "Find college worldwide" where, through an API, users can search for a college where to study.
10. The app also has a "Khan Resources" where students can search for tutorial videos on Khan Academy YouTube channel.
Before thinking on any feature/proposal, I definitely recommend you install the app and give it a try, so you have a clear idea about what the app can currently do.
I'm not an AI expert, so you will have to also, apart from proposing, let me know which AI tool/Api to use for that purpose.
Let's see what you have to say.
“It was a great experience. She was the one who gave me the most complete report full of ideas.”
Kilpailun parhaat työt