Logo Needed For a Start-up Benefit Corporation
- Tila: Closed
- Palkinto: $500
- Vastaanotetut työt: 1188
- Voittaja: talk2anilava
Burton and Dogs is a start-up Dog Walking and Pet Sitting company which, in addition to pursuing profit, also aims to produce public benefits that enhance human (and animal) well-being. Our goal is to increase "happiness" in communities by investing revenues generated by our services back into the economy in creative, life-improving ways.
You can learn more about us by visiting the website here: [login to view URL]
What we need:
What we need is a vector-based logo that can be scaled up without any loss in quality. It needs to be unique in tone from small Dog Walking companies - we aren't going for fun or cute. If this makes any sense, what we are shooting for is a hopeful and motivating tone. We like the design we have now, which features a paw icon that's integrated with an & sign (see attachments), but our issues with it include: it's not enlargeable, the font isn't cohesive with website, and the paw icon is a crudely re-shaped [login to view URL] logo. In any case, infinite creative license is granted to adapt or even discard the design entirely. We are interested in your ideas.
- any text in the design should be cohesive with the fonts visible on our current website (i.e., white color text)
- it's preferable that any icons developed include the colors brown, green, red, yellow, and blue (similar to those in the original Instagram logo [which was objectively awesome])
We will also be seeking:
- multiple (2 or 3) graphic designs for t-shirts
- designs for lanyards and wristbands
- social media packages with cover photos and profile pics
- current logo w/ black font
- only shirt we have (made with simple vistaprint tools)
- screenshot of the top of our website, where logo will go
- screenshot of an old Instagram post featuring our current logo
If you're interested in getting any other information from us that you think will be useful for your process, let us know. We will log in frequently to check messages and we look forward to working with you. Thanks!
*Update 9/10/18 | 5:25PM*
Thank you to everyone for participating. A few quick notes:
- this contest will not end early, under any circumstances
- we will not "seal" this contest (thank you for those who've commented with reasons to - and not to - seal)
- we will make every effort to rate each design that comes in, and one-star reviews do not necessarily mean that designs are bad
Some themes we'd like to encourage:
- Mountain ranges/peaks: designs that incorporate mountains are relevant to our brand in 2 ways: 1) our main service area is in Ahwatukee, Arizona, which is right next to South Mountain Park; 2) peaks symbolize where we want to go on the landscape of human/animal well-being. Burton and Dogs, ultimately, is about making life better. We want to create an environment in Arizona where people can work and strive to be "on a peak," rather than in a valley.
- Circles: if you go to our website and scroll down a little bit, one of the first things you'll see is an Einstein quote about expanding a "circle of compassion" to embrace all living creatures. This is a central idea that animates what we do.
“Anilava was great. Very patient and willing to go the extra mile to make sure I was satisfied. Very quick to respond and a pleasure to work with. Will likely work with him again in the future.”
connorjayburton, United States.