Design logo for MammaBebis.se (”MotherBaby”.se)
- Tila: Closed
- Palkinto: kr1616
- Vastaanotetut työt: 145
- Voittaja: salutyte
We need a great and lasting logo that can be our “landmark”, from start-up into well established and trusted web shop years ahead.
See below for part of the information/brief, but the full brief is contained in the attached PDF-file, and like more easily read there.
In the PDF is also our sketches and more on our own ideas, but we are welcoming creative alternatives.
The company - who we are:
MammaBebis.se is a small scale startup web shop company in Sweden. We’re aiming at providing good quality products that we believe are needed, or is a great help, to pregnant or nursing mothers and their infants. By providing these at reasonable prices and helping new home mothers / house wives to know what they need and what stuff they will do just as well without, we hope to help their economy so that they can stay home with their little ones a little longer, giving the children the best possible start at life.
Target customer group:
Our main customer group is going to be pregnant mothers or those who have small children at home....
Logotype / Brand:
...“MammaBebis.se” is what the logo should say.
The meaning and typing:
Mamma = Swedish word for mom/mommy/mother.
Bebis = Swedish word for baby (born or yet unborn)/infant/small child
.se = the Swedish top domain for internet addresses, and so also for our address.
...(“.SE” could be OK)...
• Fonts: Any font used in the logo(s) should of course be legal to use commercially for us in the logo(s)...Provide us with the full name of the font(s) used and who the provider is if we want to use the same font elsewhere.
o No gradients in logo
o Warm colors
• Stiles we like:
o Graceful texts and swirls
• Message: warmth, love, cuteness, graceful care
• Not primarily promoting high fashion or luxury, but the joy and gift of having children, and a bit “down to earth”/practical.
• Maybe a graphical retro touch or feeling of the housewives and home mothers of the 1940s and 1950s
• See PDF for further comments and info on our own design ideas and sketches.
(1-3+ versions depending on the solution chosen and how well it scales):
1. Main version:
a. For the header in our web shop etc., and when printing about that size and bigger. This means that it should be easily readable and look good with a height of about 150 pixels (or lower, depending on the proportions below, a width more than four times the height means height will likely be reduced)
b. We believe the logo proportions should be at least twice as wide as it is high, probably around four times as wide. We’re no experts however, suggestions is welcome.
2. Small version/logo:
a. For small tags on our own textile products, and for ads and banners and other printing when it needs to be small (approx. height around 15-25 pixels) and still looking good and being readable (with “MammaBebis.se” of course). Might not be needed if the main version scales well, but likely it will be needed.
b. It should still be recognizable that it’s the same brand/company, connected with the main logo version in some way.
3. Abbreviated version/icon (depending on design chosen) – our idea/suggestion is just the M and the B put together in a “MB” – see the L3 - L5 sketches, on the right hand side.
4. As an appreciated bonus but not necessary – a 16x16 pixel icon picture for the browser tab, somehow connected with the logo. If this is the “MB” in small scale (if they are still readable at that size) or some other element/color picked up, that is up to you.
• Vector based graphic: originals saved in a file format that can be opened using Adobe Illustrator CS3, as this is the version we have of the program
• For the ready to use files for the web, make a .PNG that has a height of:
o 150 pixels (main version)
o around 15-20 (max 25) pixels for the small version
o the abbreviated version, that too should have a height of 150 pixels
o and 16x1
“Sandra’s level of artistic skill, along with high commitment and communication, left the other competitors far behind! Professional and good spirited despite many changes - we warmly recommend her!”
Kilpailun parhaat työt
salutyte United Kingdom