Creative! Draw a character
- Tila: Closed
- Palkinto: $97
- Vastaanotetut työt: 92
- Voittaja: Iana111
Hi guys! I need you to create a digital illustration of an owl that is called Owlbert Einstein.
I would love to see and pay for your original take in this competition.
* He'll need to be an owl with Einstein-like characteristics.
* He is going to be a mascot, so I'd like to feel some charisma.
* I would like him to look friendly/playful/approachable. To make that a bit clearer, the colors and character in this illustration is good, except that he's not very Einstein-like: [login to view URL]
* The watercolor or colored pencil style is suggested over a cartoon style approach, as its imperfections tend to add the uniqueness and character that I am looking for. But not compulsory.
* Also, if the character is carrying something like books or papers, it seems to help build a sense of personality.
He's going to be the mascot of a website that I have made and will be put into the sidebar here: http://www.ideas.discover.earth.
I'll need the final product in a PNG file, with a transparent background.
Below are some other takes from across the internet, but that don't make the cut:
(1) Too intense: [login to view URL]~artwork,fw_1300,fh_2000,iw_1300,ih_2000/s6-0015/a/5438545_3298486/~~/[login to view URL]
(2) Not friendly: [login to view URL]
(3) Too intense, and no colours: [login to view URL]
(4) Also a bit scary: [login to view URL]
(1) I've been leaving feedback on most submissions. This may help to lead and clarify your ideas.
(2) I created a Photoshop file where I've placed a low-resolution version of the submissions into a screenshot of my website, just to see what they will look like. I have uploaded this file as it may help you to optimise your submissions to the website context.
Good luck and have fun!
“Iana did an incredible job for my project, winning a competition with over 120 other entries. She easily grasped the idea of the character I was trying to bring to life and collaborated with me to refine it. Everything went perfect and I'm looking forward to working with her again.”