Create Your Design Suggestion for the New Zealand Flag
- Tila: Closed
- Palkinto: $500
- Vastaanotetut työt: 239
- Voittaja: denisefung
New Zealand is considering a change to the design of their current flag. For the first time ever, New Zealanders can get involved in suggesting a design and in voting for a new flag. The basic idea behind the flag design they want is to display what New Zealand stands for - that is, what the flag should say about New Zealanders, their values and what is important to them.
We think the New Zealand government should have asked us first! Our designers are top notch and could have created amazing designs - let’s show them what you can do!
Design guidelines for entries:
A. Come up with your own suggested design for the future flag of New Zealand.
B. Follow the guidelines suggested by the New Zealand government:
- The design should be simple, uncluttered and balanced.
- It should be designed to be flown, and viewed from either side.
- It should look as “timeless” as possible. Avoid using features in the design that will cause the flag to become dated or obsolete. Imagine the flag in a historic setting and in a very modern setting to check whether it would work in both.
- In terms of colour, using fewer colours will keep the design simple and bold.
- Contrast is important – use light colours on dark, and vice-versa. So a white cross on red is a good contrast, but a blue cross on red would be a poor contrast. This is a very useful guideline, especially for choosing the colour of any symbols and their background.
- If the use of non-contrasting colours is unavoidable, make use of outline colours.
- Any animals or birds would traditionally face the flagpole, so that the animal faces in the same direction as the flag bearer.
- The top left hand corner of the flag is typically the place of honour in a flag. This reflects the fact that the opposite end of the flag wears out first, and is the section that is least visible when the flag is not fully unfurled.
To view the complete flag design guidelines, copy then paste this URL on your address bar: [url removed, login to view]
How to enter:
- Submit a screenshot of the design you created
- We will reject entries that don’t fit the design guidelines listed above
- Final files deliverable as PSD, AI or EPS
- We will be selecting (1) main contest winner who will get $500 and (2) runners-up who will receive $100 each.
- The winning and runner up entries will potentially be featured on media and newspaper articles.
This contest is open for everyone, not just New Zealand citizens. Looking forward to your amazing entries!
*This contest and Freelancer is in no way affiliated with the government of New Zealand. These entries will not be used in the official government request for flag designs.
Kilpailun parhaat työt
denisefung New Zealand
Xakephp Russian Federation
esandachithritha Sri Lanka