Brainstorm brand name and tag line for a line of sunglasses
- Tila: Closed
- Palkinto: $100
- Vastaanotetut työt: 1
- Voittaja: rileyangela74
UPDATE: The Brand Name and Tag Line should be positive/fun/inspiring and should avoid preaching to the audience.
UPDATE: Just wanted to give a bit more guidance: I believe that customers will not buy sunglasses simply because they are made from recycled materials or because someone cleaned beaches. In my opinion the lifestyle aspect is most important; the sustainability aspect comes second. Therefore, the environmental / green aspect of the brand should be subtle. Please post to the board if you have any questions. Thx, Jens
Thanks for checking my project. We need a brand name and a tag line for a consumer brand with a portfolio of products that are made of recycled post-consumer plastics.
The first products will be sunglasses but the line of products will likely extend to messenger bags, bags for surf boards, t-shirts, etc.
Our target customers are:
- Beach lovers (i.e. surfers, kite surfers, wakeboarders)
- Party folks
- Young urban people
- Fashion influencers
Our social enterprise regularly organizes cleanups at beaches, waterfronts and other littered places where i.e. PET bottles, plastic bags, fishing nets and other garbage is slowly decomposing and severely harming nature and wildlife. The collected stuff is then brought to recycling companies where these valuable raw materials are being fed back into the recycling cycle again. The world has become a bit cleaner and the need for virgin raw material is lessened.
While we do not use the collected material for our products, we make two important statements:
- Our products are made of recycled materials
- For every product sold, we do collect XYZ amount of garbage and bring it back into the recycling system
Hence, by buying our products the consumer directly contributes to clean our environment and yet gets a brand new, high-quality product that tells a story of sustainability. A win-win situation for the environment and the consumer.
- Brand and tag line should fit the target audience (cool, young, hip) and ideally conveys a sense of inspiration
- Tag line needs to be in English. The brand name could be anything but should still embrace the other guiding principles mentioned below
- Brand name needs to fit on the sunglasses’ earpiece (temple)
- The name should stir interest – ideally the brand name is so catchy and interesting that others would ask the owner “What is that? What does that mean?” So that the owner then can tell the story that the sunglasses are made of recycled materials and that his purchase helped to make the world a cleaner place
- The brand name should work with and without the tag line
- Ideally the name can also be the logo (I will open another contest for the logo design after successfully completing this contest)
We really look forward to your great ideas and designs. The contest is sealed and guaranteed because we want to find out an outstanding brand name and tag line for our young and aspiring social enterprise. Future works (for logo and marketing) will be possible if the result is completely satisfying.
Thanks to all of you for participating.
“Next to the high quality creative outcome, the explanantion thereof helped me understand of how to use the creative design. Thx again. Would def hire again ”
Kilpailun parhaat työt
rileyangela74 United States