Best idea for an exciting low-poly world.
- Tila: Closed
- Palkinto: $110
- Vastaanotetut työt: 9
- Voittaja: tarabocchia
Are you a Unity3D environment designer? We have an application that lets people walk through a variety of exciting 3D environments. We need new artists to design and build Exciting LOW-POLY 3D worlds for our mobile app. The $100 prize will be awarded to the artist who submits the BEST IDEA for a LOW-POLY 3D world. Your contest entry must meet all of our contest entry requirements.
The prize is just for your map and screen shots of the first-person view from a couple of points on a trail. It is not required that you build the entire world, but we need to see at least a small portion. DO NOT send us any project files. We only require a few screen captures (jpg or png) that show your artist placement of low-poly elements in your world.
Regardless of whether you win the prize, we may offer to buy your services to fully build your world. So, don’t enter this contest unless you are a Unity3D environmental developer ready to build your world.
Our app will eventually have a very large number of environments so we are looking for a wide variety of worlds. They can be realistic worlds, fantasy worlds or cartoon worlds but, they must be LOW-POLY. The main requirement is that the world be FUN and PLEASANT to walk thru (no scary dark creatures or weapons). Here are some other requirements:
• The world you design should be 1k x 1k and either created in Unity or easily imported into Unity.
• It should have miles of trails that are between 1-2 meters wide. The trails can be sand, wooden, steel, bridges. logs or anything else appropriate for the theme.
• It should have interesting features to look at (ie. Plants, trees, rocks, mountains, rivers, beaches etc.)
• It should have at least one or two animated features like moving water, wind, waterfalls, surf etc.
• It should be a closed world in that you don’t run up to the edge and are stopped. Be creative with mountain ranges, water, walls or whatever that surrounds and encloses the environment.
Your submission must include the following: You can add videos or more information if you want. If your world should have some low-poly animals, list what they would be (you do not need to create them). NOTE: there is a sample contest entry link below.
1. An attention getting title. 1 -3 words that describe your world in an exciting way.
2. Detailed description of the world you are submitting. Tell me what it is that makes this world a very fun place to hike around in. 2-4 sentences is adequate.
3. A screen capture from the sky above your terrain. Add arrows and labels indicating where the following items are located:
• Interesting landmarks
• Animated features
4. A few screen captures of the view from selected points on a trail.
5. An estimate of the time it will take you to build the entire terrain and populate it with the features you mentioned.
6. The total cost of developing the world.
If you want, you can add a video of walking down part of the trail. It can be as short or as long as you want. If you imagine your world with some low-poly animals, list what they would be. You do not need to create the animals or add any of them to your terrain but, if you want to, that is okay.
Check this website for examples of LOW-POLY worlds [login to view URL]
We are no longer asking for realistic worlds. These worlds were created for us by Freelancer contest winners and are too detailed..
[login to view URL]
[login to view URL]
This contest is for your LOW-POLY world ideas.
Some possible ideas are National Parks, Canyons, Swamps, Mountains and Fantasy Worlds from your imagination. Our followers have also expressed interest in a Harry Potter type world and an Avatar type world with floating islands. Movies and books are great inspiration for creative ideas. We are looking forward to seeing your exciting ideas. Good Luck!