Action card game designs
- Tila: Closed
- Palkinto: $100
- Vastaanotetut työt: 30
We are looking for an artist to complete the ACTION CARDS for our card game.
Our preferred artist will be offered the contract for the full set of 20 action cards.
In order to show us your consistent style, we would like you to design THREE action cards for the competition:
1: The 8♧ (8 of clubs) with three main elements: black text "Give a card to another player.", a simple illustration demonstrating the action (ie a card being given from the players hand to another players hand), and symbols denoting "+1 card" and "+1 action".
2: The 10♡ (10 of hearts) with the text: "Name a suit. All players must reveal their hand cards of that suit. Draw as many cards as revealed." There needs to be a clear visual distinction to the text "All players must reveal their hand cards of that suit" to show at a glance that it is performed by everyone, not just the player of the card. Again an illustration demonstrating the action.
3: The 7♤ (7 of spades) with the text: "OUT OF TURN: Escape the effect of another player's action card on you. DURING TURN: +1 card." The two options are used in separate situations, and should be visually shown as separate options in some way. Again simple illustrations demonstrating the action.
Please see the reference photos for:
- an example hand of existing coin and character cards as a STYLE GUIDE. The coin illustrations show you the level of DETAIL we are looking for in the diagrams/icons.
- a very rough sketch of how the above action cards COULD be generally composed (sorry I've used the 9♤ in this reference, it's composed similarly to the 7♤)
- the spear on the king of ♧ (clubs) that represents an extra action as a style guide for the +1 action symbol. Similarly each card on the king of ♤ (spades) represents drawing an extra card as a style guide for the +1 card symbol.
- a closeup of the patterned backgrounds of each suits character cards, as a STYLE GUIDE for any artistic flair
- an action card from another game to give an idea of the level of DETAIL I am looking for. The background should be predominantly white, but you could use the border and the patterned elements from the previous reference image as inspiration for a border (NOT touching the edges of the card). I also like the detail of the circles that the icons are in as inspiration for the +1 card and +1 action icons.